Congratulations on being selected for the 2016 Estevan Summer Games! For over 40 years Saskatchewan’s coaches and young athletes have been participating in the Games. You are now a part of that legacy!
The Games will be held in Estevan, Sunday July 24th to Saturday July 30th.
Sports 1st Half of Games (July 24-27) Sports 2nd Half of Games (July 27-30)
Basketball Soccer – Male
Soccer – Female Tennis
- Bussing information:Every athlete, coach and manager is required to access the transportation provided by the District to the games- no one is allowed to travel on their own to the games.
- 1st Half Teams – The bus will pick athletes up at the North parking lot of the Southland Mall at 9:00am on Sunday July 24th. Athletes returning home on the bus will be dropped off at the same location on Wednesday July 27th. Times TBD.
- The 2nd Half Teams – The bus will pick the athletes up at the North parking lot of the Southland Mall at 9:00am on Wednesday July 27th. Athletes returning home on the bus will be dropped off at the same location on Saturday July 30th. Times TBD.
- Registration form– Here is the link to register as an athlete with the Games: http://skg2016.gems.pro/Register.aspx You must complete a registration form with all necessary information by no later than July 4th.
- $75 athlete fee– Athletes are required to submit a $75 fee to cover the costs involved with the games- uniform, meals and transportation. Fees are due before Friday July 8th. Coaches and managers do not pay a fee. Cheques can be made payable to “ReginaSport” and sent to:
2205 Victoria Ave.
4. Pep Rally– All athletes and coaches/managers are required to attend the PEP RALLY to be held at O’Neill High School on Sunday July 17th from 6:30pm-8:30pm. All of the Team Regina athletes, coaches/managers will receive their Sask. Games uniform and have the opportunity to purchase 2016 Saskatchewan Summer Games memorabilia.
5. Necessary items that are required to be taken to Estevan:
- Bunks are provided but team members must bring their own bedding & pillows (sleeping bag) plus a sheet to cover the mattress
- Two facecloths and towels
- Personal identification- SK health card, birth certificate, driver’s license
- Personal toiletries- soap, shampoo, toothpaste, brush, medication
- Appropriate clothing- pajamas, District uniform
- Cell phones/Electronics– Athletes will have access to computer and ipad’s at the Games. Please leave them at home, as there are no personal lockers to secure these items. Cell phones must be shut off at 11 p.m.
Congratulations once again! We at Regina Sport are looking forward to supporting you and your team at the Games!
If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact me, 306-780-9274 or firstname.lastname@example.org.